Jim Day, Behavioral and Social Sciences, will give a book talk and signing for his recently published Diamonds in the Rough. The event will take place Wednesday, Sept. 4, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., in UMOM 220. Additionally, there will be a book-signing event Saturday, Sept. 28, at 9 a.m., at the Helena Museum on Hwy. 261 (Olde Town). The Cahaba Coal Field, the subject of Day’s book, helped define Helena.
About The Author
January 30, 2019
October 17, 2018
March 2, 2014
October 27, 2013
Join The Alabamian’s staff!
Wednesdays at 5 p.m. in the Student Publications Office
(behind the post office in Farmer)
All writers, photographers and graphic designers welcome!
- A green thumb: purple and gold The hardest part about keeping the grounds is maintaining these pops of color throughout the seasons, but Virginia Springer, assistant groun... by admin | under Features
- Keep spring in your step, not your sinuses A few helpful tips to subdue sneezing and reduce red eyes. by admin | under Lifestyles
- The soulful goldtones of Holly Waxwing and Noumenal Loom Despite its quiet release, “Goldleaf” soon caught the ears of not only local Montevallo music heads but also bloggers and tastemaking websit... by Reed Strength | under Lifestyles
- Sustainable sneaker review: Allbirds Tree Runners 8 views
- The biggest secret of the Starbucks secret menu: It doesn’t exist 6 views
- UM professor wins state chess championship 3 views
- Tiptoe through the tulips at American Village 3 views
- EJI Marker Installed in Montevallo 3 views
- Review: Kai’s Koffee House 3 views
- New Year’s resolutions 2 views
- ATO hosts Viking week for charity 2 views
- Comedian Stephen Agyei elicits laughs in Farmer Hall 2 views
- City of Montevallo Passes Mask Resolution 2 views