This recipe is an extension of the microwave scrambled eggs recipe featured in the most recent issue of “The Alabamian” and features a variety of ingredients for an array of spicier flavors, no stove or skillet required! All that’s needed for preparation of a Manly Red Hot Omelet are a fork, a microwave, plastic bowl and a plate if desired.
• 4 eggs
• Salt & pepper
• 4 teaspoons of milk
• 4 teaspoons of hot sauce
• 1 cup of assorted bell peppers and jalapeños
• Shredded cheese
1. Use a fork and beat 2 eggs well.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of milk to the mix as well as salt and pepper.
3. Pour your mix into a microwave friendly bowl and cook on high for two minutes.
4. Add the assorted peppers, jalapeños, cheese, and 2 teaspoons of hot sauce to the mix.
It doesn’t matter if you use Frank’s Red Hot or Texas Pete.
5. Heat the mix again for another minute.
6. In a separate bowl add 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of milk, and salt and pepper and beat the mix.
7. Pour the mix on top of the half omelet and microwave for one minute.
8. Finally, add 2 teaspoons of hot sauce and microwave for two more minutes.
9. Enjoy your Manly Red Hot Omelet!