For all you Potterheads out there, I present a specialty recipe for the silky elixir you all know and love: honey butterbeer.
Why add honey, you ask? Two reasons: Honey is a natural sweetener that adds a humble flavor to any hot drink and it helps soothe swollen or sore throats which are common this time of year.
- 1 cup (8 oz) cream soda
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) butterscotch syrup/extract
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
Total prep & cook time: 4 minutes
- Measure butterscotch and butter into a 2 cup (16 oz) glass/mug. Microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely incorporated.
- Stir and cool for 30 seconds then slowly mix in cream soda and honey. The mixture will fizz.
- Serve a perfectly warm Hogwarts treat for two and enjoy!
- If you aren’t a fan of honey and/or allergic, replace with an extra 1/3 cup butterscotch syrup/extract.