Jim Day, Behavioral and Social Sciences, will give a book talk and signing for his recently published Diamonds in the Rough. The event will take place Wednesday, Sept. 4, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., in UMOM 220. Additionally, there will be a book-signing event Saturday, Sept. 28, at 9 a.m., at the Helena Museum on Hwy. 261 (Olde Town). The Cahaba Coal Field, the subject of Day’s book, helped define Helena.
About The Author
Join The Alabamian’s staff!
Wednesdays at 5 p.m. in the Student Publications Office
(behind the post office in Farmer)
All writers, photographers and graphic designers welcome!
- A green thumb: purple and gold The hardest part about keeping the grounds is maintaining these pops of color throughout the seasons, but Virginia Springer, assistant groun... by Britney Williams | under Features
- Keep spring in your step, not your sinuses A few helpful tips to subdue sneezing and reduce red eyes. by Britney Williams | under Lifestyles
- The soulful goldtones of Holly Waxwing and Noumenal Loom Despite its quiet release, “Goldleaf” soon caught the ears of not only local Montevallo music heads but also bloggers and tastemaking websit... by Reed Strength | under Lifestyles
- Observations on organic 6 views
- Sustainable sneaker review: Allbirds Tree Runners 6 views
- 2019-20 SGA candidates debate in Farmer 3 views
- Class of 2018 gets creative with decorative grad caps 2 views
- UM professor wins state chess championship 2 views
- Halloween costumes made easy 2 views
- Candidates debate for presidency 2 views
- Night of the tape sculptures 2 views
- A lovely day to love Montevallo 2 views
- Review: “1989” by Taylor Swift 1 view